Second Phase 2015 Year In Review
Several weeks ago, I approached Troy about writing another blog post since we haven’t posted anything since last March. The topic that immediately came to mind was a recap of everything that happened for us here at Second Phase in 2015. As you’ll see, we’ve been incredibly busy!
From an Oracle Insbridge standpoint, we definitely continued our expansion with the addition of multiple customers and projects. CNA, First American, Zenith, West Bend, Turner Construction, Citizens, Universal, and Oracle all used our expertise in some fashion. Upgrades, training, implementations, rate changes – you name it, we did it. We pride ourselves on Total Customer Satisfaction and the feedback we received this past year has been awesome. Here are some of the highlights from 2015:
- Assisted in the development of Workers Compensation rating programs for 50+ jurisdictions, including complex multi-state rating logic.
- Lead development efforts for Commercial Umbrella and BOP rating programs with go-live planned for 2016.
- Assisted Oracle in the delivery of Title Insurance rating programs for California, which included integration with several partners.
- Started implementation of New York rating with go-live in January 2016.
- Developed Workers Compensation rating programs for 47 states with the goal of Oracle Insbridge becoming the single source of rating between the agent interface and policy admin system.
- Rebuilt their Oracle Insbridge programs to meet the requirements of the policy admin system without impacting the existing agent interface integration.
West Bend Mutual Insurance
- Assisted in Personal Auto and Home rate changes for Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Completed upgrades to Oracle Insbridge 4.7, Oracle Insurance Data Capture 4.6, and Oracle Documaker 12.1.2.
- Assisted in the development and testing of 2016 rate changes for all Personal Lines and Commercial Lines products.
- Provided on-site training for Oracle Insbridge RateManager and IBFA/IBSS.
- Developed Oracle Insbridge technical certification and training course.
As a company, Second Phase went through quite a bit of change that would be considered normal for a growing company. We launched a new website early in the year, we’ve moved offices twice, we’ve hired more consultants and will be looking to bring in more in the near future.
Overall, 2015 was a great year for Second Phase. We’ve been very fortunate to work with amazing customers and we’re looking forward to staying busy in 2016!
Left to Right: David, Quincy, Doug, Gary, Troy, Corey, Collin, Lamonica
Not Pictured: Karl, Laura